Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out, one of my friends bought one of the Salsa Casserolls that Jenson was selling for dirt cheap last winter. I hadn't ridden with him in a while and couldn't believe it when I saw him on a Casseroll. He built it up as a 1x9 with DT shifters. Looks really nice, and he said it has a nice plush ride. I would have asked to test ride it, but his frame size is way too small for me. The paint and color scheme looks really nice in person; welds are about what you would expect for such an inexpensive frame. Tubes looks smaller diameter than I expected. I'm about 90% decided that this will be my next frame, unless I decide to get wild and order a custom Bob Jackson from England.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No pix, but it looks pretty much like others that have been posted here. With the 1x9, it almost looks like a single speed as he was running a small crank and cassette. He is quite the spinner as well, so that set up might not work as well for a masher. The frame looks great with silver components, wheels, etc. I picked it up to check the weight, and it felt about the same as my steel bikes (Merckx Corsa and De Bernardi SL). Lots of clearance on the frame for larger tires and fenders, which is the big attraction for me. My De Bernardi has about 3 mm clearance between the rear tire and seat tube; the clearance on the Casseroll looked to be about 50 mm (or 5 cm).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.