Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over 70 miles in the last 3 days.......finally and tomorrow is supposed to be up to 70 degrees,
Today I wore fewer clothes than I have for the past 4 months!
TOMORROW....sounds like it's going to be shorts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
Over 70 miles in the last 3 days.......finally and tomorrow is supposed to be up to 70 degrees,
Today I wore fewer clothes than I have for the past 4 months!
TOMORROW....sounds like it's going to be the birthday suit!
Fixed!

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
It's still cooooold here. We keep getting snowed on. Unusual for this time of year.

I'd take advantage of it by snowboarding but my job demands otherwise (inwardly hissing sailor language).

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:
It's still cooooold here. We keep getting snowed on. Unusual for this time of year.

I'd take advantage of it by snowboarding but my job demands otherwise (inwardly hissing sailor language).
well I have a LOT of work for tomorrow but I intend to ride anyhow, I can always work at night............

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i wish i could take tomorrow off and enjoy the weather. why doesn't it check with my work schedule first?

raced sunday in shorts. it was nice. mentally, i feel much more refreshed.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
I had a hard time getting anything done yesterday because it was mid-60's. Today will be worse, but at least it's supposed to be mid-50's this weekend. About friggin time...

Enjoy the ride!

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Sunday was in the 60's and we got in a 30 mile ride. - Summer kit w/ long fingered gloves :D

Yesterday it was near 70 and I snuck in 17 miles after work - shorts everywhere, jersey, bibs and gloves :thumbsup:

I'm just hoping for snow so there is something to ski on next week.

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
I did my first ride w/o booties this year the other day. It's supposed to be in the upper 50's by the weekend here in S.E. Idaho. Yay!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the last 3 days have been booty-less....I got out of my shop around 12:30 and realized there was a ssw wind at about 15 , gusting to 22. Well I needed to run into town (18 miles one way to pick some stuff up and I decided to ride nne to pick it up and have my daughter meet me with my truck...WOOOOOHOOOOOOO what a thrill ride, It was an all out sprint for 18 miles....I averaged over 20 mph (remember, we are not talking flat either) That was fun!

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
There is ALWAYS as strong SSW wind around here and the joke is "Come pick us up in Dubois (do-boys - which is 50 miles away) in half an hour."

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
My wife gave me the gift of a vacation evening, and I hit out for 2 hours last night. My ass is sore but my mind is clear. It's so nice to think the entire good part of the year is stretched out in front of us.

Tulips are up, too.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
was able to get a few rides in the past few days. yesterday the riding was limited to riding the fixie while The Kid rode the balancebike down to the lake to fly a kite, swing, and fish. then after dinner i rode to tastee freez for The Wifes chocolate kitkat shake.
today is 40 and rainy.
back to running.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I took yesterday off also and rode for about 4 hours and enjoyed riding in shorts and a jersey, now if it would only stay that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts