1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Looks great, what's with the chain, must have been maintained during the great oil crisis. Better throw that thing behind the woodpile.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
physasst said:
bought a cross bike.....should be at my house in a few days.....

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...sults_format=long&db_id=57851&query=retrieval
Welcome to the fold. I can't recall if you plan to race or not ... I bought a used Redline a couple years ago around this time of year and rode a whole lot and then practiced the skills and had a blast racing my first season of cross. Now I've replaced almost everything on that Redline -- including the frame to a size bigger -- and added a Merckx as the primary race machine.

Cross, it's a sickness.

Ask kajukembo, we're already planning for next season and this one's not really even over.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep

Gripped said:
Welcome to the fold. I can't recall if you plan to race or not ... I bought a used Redline a couple years ago around this time of year and rode a whole lot and then practiced the skills and had a blast racing my first season of cross. Now I've replaced almost everything on that Redline -- including the frame to a size bigger -- and added a Merckx as the primary race machine.

Cross, it's a sickness.

Ask kajukembo, we're already planning for next season and this one's not really even over.
Yeah, I plan on racing, hopefully next fall, I'm looking forward to it.

Michael

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Congrats

perfect.What a great rig and great deal. Stoked fer ya.

atp

·
Registered
353 Posts
physasst said:
Yeah, I plan on racing, hopefully next fall, I'm looking forward to it.

Michael
You're gonna love it! The bike & racing!
:D

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Nice. I'm looking forward to building up my "real" cross bike after using a frankenbike. Good on ya. You'll have a blast (after you get over the puking yer guts out :) )

·
Registered
405 Posts
Kram59 said:
You'll have a blast (after you get over the puking yer guts out :) )
Thats my favourite part! happened so many times over the years that if I finsih without it happening I KNOW I did not ride hard enough

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Getting converted to a fixed gear. I wouldn't get rid of her! She cost me all of $5!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts