Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wanted to say that Bob Brinker (the radio person) has made and saved me tons of money. Since he doesn't sell anything, the advice is straight out free.

He called getting out of the market in January 2000. My CPA said I was his only client to make money that year (Pulled everything January 2000 into cash, saved 40%!!!) Called getting back in July 2003 (I think) when everyone else pretty much didn't get into the game until August or September.

In short, if you ever wanted to learn about that stuff and get really solid thoughts on what to do, why and when, he's a great free resource. He's got a radio show Saturday and SUndays and I'm a subscriber to his on demand service so I can hear him on my ipod or wherever not live.

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
He's got about the dullest sounding voice since Tom Shane. But whoever said that you had to be interesting to be rich.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You gotta admit

His advice is very solid and understandable. My thinking is that there is no way you or I can be on top of things as much as the "financial experts", therefore I picked one that I think has my interest at heart.

He really has made a lot of people a lot of money to save for retirement, etc. It's not mumbo jumbo, Even if you know nothing, put it in the Total Stock Market Index and I think you beat 82% of managed funds.

I'm just getting back into paying attention because I like to check this stuff out every once in a while to make corrections and adjustments. It's going great. Have a great day.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Brinker puts me to sleep, but is B. Williams still around?

I used to get the same information from Bruce Williams, but they took him off the air in Reno when our only talk station went All Wacko All The Time. Brinker certainly knows his stuff, but something about his voice just triggers my sleep response.
I did hear a show when he recommended getting out of the market, and I ignored him. My portfolio MAY climb back to where it was in the next year or two...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about that bro

You know it was a gut call. He said 60% out and I just went 100% out. Best move I ever made.

I hope your portfolio gets back up there. FYI, BB says a fine year and nothing to keep one from being 100% in. I'll post here if something changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts