Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having knee issues for the past couple weeks, and I've been to two different orthopedic doctors, and neither seemed to know his head from his ass.

One told me I have ITBS, but I know that's incorrect, because the pain is on the inside of my knee. When I told him that, he got all confused and nervous, and tried to prescribe pain killers.

The other said he didn't know what it was from, but he was sure if I refrained from all excercise for a month or two it would go away. Are you kidding me? This is professional advice? I asked him to check for a leg length discrepency, and he refused to, saying he could tell by looking at me that that was not the problem.

If anyone knows a good ortho in central MN, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
889 Posts
dez182 said:
I've been having knee issues for the past couple weeks, and I've been to two different orthopedic doctors, and neither seemed to know his head from his ass.

One told me I have ITBS, but I know that's incorrect, because the pain is on the inside of my knee. When I told him that, he got all confused and nervous, and tried to prescribe pain killers.

The other said he didn't know what it was from, but he was sure if I refrained from all excercise for a month or two it would go away. Are you kidding me? This is professional advice? I asked him to check for a leg length discrepency, and he refused to, saying he could tell by looking at me that that was not the problem.

Steadman/Hawkins clinic in Vail is the best. Take a ski trip and drop in!

·
Registered
19 Posts
UD Davis Sports Medicine Clinic

You should try UCDMC Sports Med Clinic, Eric Hiden and Max Testa will take care of you and give you the respect any athlete who is looking to continue their healthy lifestyle should recieve. There are all too many untrained persons who will advise you to "stop what you are doing and it will go away". The major component that they do not understand is that you are there to seek advise on how you will be able to CONTINUE doing what you love. Be well good luck and keep the rubber side down.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Are

dez182 said:

you looking for someone near the cities, or are you willing to come down to Rochester. I'm in orthopedics in rochester, and if I know where you are willing to go, I could probably give you some names...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kpcw said:
Did you get an MRI? If so, post a pic! If you did not get one, that is weetarded.
I asked for one, and neither would do it! That's part of the reason I'm so frustrated.

·
Registered
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,269 Posts
go where pro athletes go...and do yoga

figure out where pro or college competitive athletes go near you.

fortunately for both of my knee surgeries, i was in big cities, and had good insurance. so this is what i did.

plus, in the meantime, whether something is seriously messed up, or just your itb has gotten tight, you will do yourself a lot of good by doing yoga regularly - like at least twice a week. go easy for whatever positions cause pain. and a good instructor will be able to hear your symptoms and help you out.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Well

dez182 said:
I asked for one, and neither would do it! That's part of the reason I'm so frustrated.

I am in orthopedics in Minnesota, I could probably give you some names if you let me know exactly where you want to be seen at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts