Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was feeling nostalgic with the American classic thread here. Put a quick google search out for a Serotta Nova Special to see if I had ever posted a picture of mine at some point. I quickly found this picture of my old baby that someone else now owns. Back story here is I owned a 1986 Nova Special that was red with yellow decals. A local pro for 7 Eleven was doing a Sac river ride and told me his "huffy" was made by Serotta. I was stoked and his biggest fan as I was 16 at the time. He said he had a friend n Davis, Ca that could paint my bike like his if I wanted too. To make a long story short, I dropped my bike off at his place and he didn't have the paint to do a replica 7 Eleven Huffy. Instead he did a replica of the womens Weight Watchers team frames! Being a 16 year old at the time, I was devastated to be riding a bike from a womens team. To smooth things over, the guy only charged me $50 for the paint and threw the stickers in for free. The reason I know this is mine is I added the green Serotta decal to the chainstays to make sure people knew I wasn't on a girls bike (very important at the time). Feels great seeing this old friend again. Spent many hours on her over the course of four years. Too bad it looks like this guy media blasted the frame and repainted it. View attachment 278320

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.