Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
aka Zoo
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of Rolf Vector Pro rims, brand new, that uses the 14 spoke paired spoke technology. Figured these would make a nice set of wheels built up, and since I don't have any new winter projects yet figured this might be a good one. I'm having only one problem, I can't find any 14 spoke hubs, only 20 as the lowest. Suggestions on what to do? Can I use the 20 hole hubs or do I have to get a 14 hole hub? If so where can I get some? Either campy or shimano.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
675 Posts
Some ideas

DRLski said:
I just bought a pair of Rolf Vector Pro rims, brand new, that uses the 14 spoke paired spoke technology. Figured these would make a nice set of wheels built up, and since I don't have any new winter projects yet figured this might be a good one. I'm having only one problem, I can't find any 14 spoke hubs, only 20 as the lowest. Suggestions on what to do? Can I use the 20 hole hubs or do I have to get a 14 hole hub? If so where can I get some? Either campy or shimano.

Thanks,
Dave
I've haven't yet had the time nor the money to do my own frankenwheel build, but I've heard of people using hubs with double the holes needed and skipping every other hole. There are plenty of of 28 spoke hubs on the market (although you will need to make sure they are approved for radial lacing).

Another option is to try and obtain some Bontrager Race X-Lite Aero hubs, which are virtually identical to the Vector Pro hubs. Through Trek they will likely be pretty pricey, but every once in a blue moon they show up on E-bay. Good luck!

-R

1 - 2 of 2 Posts