Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always enjoyed spicy food, but I've gradually become more sensitive. I can eat spicy food with no problem. It seems to work its way through my digestive system without any apparent problem. It's when do the deuce that I have problems. I never had any problem before. The heat was always neutralized before exiting. I've gathered that this is a common problem with aging. Does anyone know what's taking place and what can be done about it so I can enjoy my spicy food from beginning to end?

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
I'm not a doctor . . . .

. . . But I work with a lot of a-holes, so I'm qualified to address this.
Only time I've had a similar problem is after a long period on bland food, like on a backpacking trip or self-contained tour when I deviate from my normal spicy diet and then go back to it. Don't know about aging--I'm 61, and I can still eat way too much of anything I want; including two jalapenos minced on my salmon this evening. One thing that comes to mind is a beginning case of something in the downstream end, from hemorrhoids to fissures to who knows what? If it doesn't, uh, pass in a few days, I'd see a doctor.

bsdc said:
I've always enjoyed spicy food, but I've gradually become more sensitive. I can eat spicy food with no problem. It seems to work its way through my digestive system without any apparent problem. It's when do the deuce that I have problems. I never had any problem before. The heat was always neutralized before exiting. I've gathered that this is a common problem with aging. Does anyone know what's taking place and what can be done about it so I can enjoy my spicy food from beginning to end?

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cory said:
. . . But I work with a lot of a-holes, so I'm qualified to address this.
Only time I've had a similar problem is after a long period on bland food, like on a backpacking trip or self-contained tour when I deviate from my normal spicy diet and then go back to it. Don't know about aging--I'm 61, and I can still eat way too much of anything I want; including two jalapenos minced on my salmon this evening. One thing that comes to mind is a beginning case of something in the downstream end, from hemorrhoids to fissures to who knows what? If it doesn't, uh, pass in a few days, I'd see a doctor.
Hmm. Makes some sense. I'm not aware of any hemorrhoids or fissures, but maybe I'm experiencing some early signs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts