Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a small town in Pennsylvania, there’s not much excitement. Except when the local adhesives plant explodes!

Yep, earlier this week, there was a series of explosions and a massive fire at such a plant, that caused local authorities to issue a “shelter in place” advisory. In other words, everyone within three miles of the plant had to stay indoors and keep all doors and windows closed. Luckily that’s not too hard in PA in January, and it helped that it happened at night. It was still nerve-wracking, and being able to smell it the next morning (from two miles away) was less than comforting.

Anyway, check out the pictures here. My brother-in-law was one of the firefighters there, and said he’s never been so scared when fighting a fire. Unbelievably there were no injuries.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Whoa! Or, as they said in Kentucky when I was a kid, "Now THAYUT'S a fahr!"

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
High Rouleur said:
In a small town in Pennsylvania, there’s not much excitement. Except when the local adhesives plant explodes!

Yep, earlier this week, there was a series of explosions and a massive fire at such a plant, that caused local authorities to issue a “shelter in place” advisory. In other words, everyone within three miles of the plant had to stay indoors and keep all doors and windows closed. Luckily that’s not too hard in PA in January, and it helped that it happened at night. It was still nerve-wracking, and being able to smell it the next morning (from two miles away) was less than comforting.

Anyway, check out the pictures here. My brother-in-law was one of the firefighters there, and said he’s never been so scared when fighting a fire. Unbelievably there were no injuries.
That's hilarious... they actually have someone snapping photos while they're fighting a fire?

Cool that no one was hurt. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vonteity said:
That's hilarious... they actually have someone snapping photos while they're fighting a fire?

Cool that no one was hurt. :)
That was my first thought, too. My brother-in-law, who actually went into the building, took the time to snap some of his own pictures. Apparently they backed off for a while, just to let the thing burn itself out a little, so some of them took pictures. Not sure where you keep a camera in a firefighter's uniform, though. ;)

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
High Rouleur said:
That was my first thought, too. My brother-in-law, who actually went into the building, took the time to snap some of his own pictures. Apparently they backed off for a while, just to let the thing burn itself out a little, so some of them took pictures. Not sure where you keep a camera in a firefighter's uniform, though. ;)
Yep, and those pics will come in handy when <i>someone</i> sues (and someone will) and the experts are trying to come up with an opinion on the cause of the fire that most favors their clients' positions. :rolleyes:

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Nice one! Classic mushroom shapes. Just the way I like them. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts