Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I am going to get rained out tomorrow morning so here's the results of my first 12 months of riding

Accomplishments:

5200 miles (1700 of those on the trainer over the Winter)
3 Century Rides all Solo (2 of which were back to back days)
2 Metric Centuries
10th person overall to complete the 60 hours of riding challenge on Strava Fall 2012
Have had 4 Strava KOMs with over 20 riders having placed in them, still tied for KOM on one of them. In the top 10 for a bunch with over 40 or so riders having participated.
Average speed between 18 and 19 mph for my 25 mile morning ride loop, up from what was more like 12 ish when I first did the loop.

1 and a half months of a week or more of not riding due to illness/vacation/travel.

Background:

Started with a Trek Dual Sport which I picked up June 1st 2012, then bought the Domane Sept 1st because I wanted a road bike (the dual sport weighs a tad over 30lbs) and I was riding all paved surfaces
Got a Kurt Kinetic trainer in Dec 2012 to help me not lose ground over the Winter.

Age 56, Weight was 210 when I started riding, 183 now.

Sure am glad I started riding, it's a blast! Not to mention its great exercise. Looking forward to making more progress this coming year and continued fun riding. May start riding with groups in the near future.

I sure do appreciate all the tips / help / and suggestions from this forum as I have entered this new sport, all very very helpful! Still a newbee with lots to learn and much more work to get into decent cycling condition for sure!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Great accomplishments, CONGRATZ :)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, it felt like a good first year. I'll post an update in 12 months! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.