Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a beginning rider training for triathlons. I've done some riding on a Diamondback mountain bike but I'm going to be doing a triathlon in Hawaii and I'm looking to buy a tri bike. I'm considering either a Trek Equinox or a Cervelo Dual. Does anyone have a favorite or another recommendation? If so, what is the price range and availability of the bike? Thanks a lot for any and all advice.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Stock answer to this question, which is a "stock question" -- Sort of like "which woman should I marry?"

Bike choice is personal.

Fit is everything. Fit, fit, fit. The bike needs to fit you.

Then, like finding a wife or girlfriend . . . do a lot of shopping, ask questions. Have a look at what other riders are using. Talk to other riders. Talk to the shop staff. Most bike shops are there to fit you to a bike, not high pressure you into something to boost their sales numbers.

Finally, after you choose a bike take comfort in the fact that it's probably one of several you're going to own. Several . . . Yes, they're a spendy item, but you'll own several if you're serious about riding. And as you get more serious, you'll learn more about what you want in a bike.

Thankfully, unlike wives, it's OK to have more than one, and no messy divorce if it's just not right. :D :D :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts