Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing my fist centruy ride next week and I have a question about shorts.

My to favorites are my PI Ultra Sensor and RLX shorts. The PI are a little more newer and still have more comprerssion with a more padding, my the RLX does not give me saddle sores and stil in decent condition. On a long MTB ride once thes sores with PI were pretty bad.

Now I bought the Assos Chamois Cream to help, right?

Now the question is do I take a chance with the PI for the padding or use the RLX and play it safe?
Does the cream work that well?

Thanks!

·
hi, I'm Larry
2,254 Posts
Go with what you know works.

I would go with the RLX since you had problems with the PI. Take the creams along but don't use it unless you need to. Chaffing causes saddle sores. The Chamois main purpose is to stick to you skin and cause no sliding between your seat and your shorts. All the sliding should be between the shorts and bicycle seat. The creams that cause the chamois to slip kind of defeating the purpose, but if you are already sore they can give some relief.

·
Registered
132 Posts
FL_Rider said:
I am doing my fist centruy ride next week and I have a question about shorts.

My to favorites are my PI Ultra Sensor and RLX shorts. The PI are a little more newer and still have more comprerssion with a more padding, my the RLX does not give me saddle sores and stil in decent condition. On a long MTB ride once thes sores with PI were pretty bad.

Now I bought the Assos Chamois Cream to help, right?

Now the question is do I take a chance with the PI for the padding or use the RLX and play it safe?
Does the cream work that well?

Thanks!
make sure you clean everything before put Chamois Cream, sometimes it isn't shorts at all. I get sores sometimes when it is hot and I sweat alot, don't think hot temperatures will be an issue this time of the year, even in FL. Also get out of shorts as soon as you finish ride good luck

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
go w/ what you know, eat & drink plenty

... and make sure you stretch well before & after your ride.

pace yourself & you'll be fine.

ciao

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's my main problem, sweating..

Last time the seams acutally wore into my legs and gave my cuts shaped like the seams on the chamois. It think it was due to heavy sweating.

I think I will just stick with the RLX to be safe. I will try the PI today on a 40 mile ride.

BTW: temps for this weekend are in the low 80's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts