Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my first solo Century last Sat,it took me 7 hours,which i know is long but,i wanted to get one under my belt. I plan on doing several more later this year to bring my time down. I am 52 years old and weigh 215 lbs, i am working on bringing the weight down,but its hard too at my age. There was alot of wind and a big steep hill to deal with.

·
smell my finger
1,076 Posts
century

Nice job! The accomplishment is worthy no matter how long it takes. You'll get faster and stronger the more you ride. I've been riding quite a bit this year and haven't lost but 4 pounds or so but I really don't have any fat remaining so I'm fine with my weight. Ride on....

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
No worries on time. Just awesome that you did it. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
spinnertsaf said:
....am working on bringing the weight down,but its hard too at my age. ....
Hard but not impossible.

I remember exactly where I was on a ride (when I was your age) and my buddies had to wait on me. I was so pi$$ed!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was 8 years ago.

By that summer I had lost 10 pounds and now stay between my ideal summer weight and winter "recovery" weight.

Cutting sugar (from coffee and soft drinks) gave me a quick 5 pound loss that was easy.

Reducing portion sizes essentially was the souce of the next 5 pounds.

In the meantime, I do try to make good choices for the food I eat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.