Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. I really missed my bikes, and riding to work the last four months.The harsh realities of life have struck me hard since my last commute on Dec. 1, 2005. I'm only ten miles from work until I find a permanent living situation. My commute is only 22 miles roundtrip
(10 mile in the morning, 12 miles home to avoid heavy traffic), compared to 32 miles from my old house. Packing my bag for work last night, then getting up early to ride my bike to work almost made me forget my problems. Well anyway, who stole my fitness. It's gone.

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
1,641 Posts
I have yet to bike to work this year (13+ miles each way). I was waiting for the time change (this weekend!! yea!). It's kind-of a self imposed rule as to when the bicycle commuting season starts and ends for me, so I haven't ridden since last October! The gas prices here in Chicago-land didn't wait for my season to start this year either. $2.65 and it's only March? Crazy. All the more inspiration to ride. Now, where did I leave my fitness?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last year, I missed the $3 a gallon thing by riding my bike to work almost everyday I worked from the beginning of August, until the end of September. I rode to work 33 days in those 2 months. My goal this year is the same as last year. I want to commute to work 100 days. Last year I got up to 97 days, then packed it in.

Mr Wood said:
I have yet to bike to work this year (13+ miles each way). I was waiting for the time change (this weekend!! yea!). It's kind-of a self imposed rule as to when the bicycle commuting season starts and ends for me, so I haven't ridden since last October! The gas prices here in Chicago-land didn't wait for my season to start this year either. $2.65 and it's only March? Crazy. All the more inspiration to ride. Now, where did I leave my fitness?

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
1,641 Posts
Wow, never thought of making a goal like that. I just looked at my log from last year. I only rode to work 29 times. Now I feel like a slacker! I was only able to ride three days out of the week though and almost all of those rides were from the beginning of August to the end of October (when the time changed). Now I need to decide on a new goal. I will be riding the same three times a week, but for more of the summer.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A good goal, you might want to try is to commute 8 times a month, or twice a week during the good weather months (May to September). That's 40 days when the weather is nice. That's what I try to do in April, October, and November (8 days a month). May to September are the months you can really rack up some days (10 to 16 days a month) and miles.

Mr Wood said:
Wow, never thought of making a goal like that. I just looked at my log from last year. I only rode to work 29 times. Now I feel like a slacker! I was only able to ride three days out of the week though and almost all of those rides were from the beginning of August to the end of October (when the time changed). Now I need to decide on a new goal. I will be riding the same three times a week, but for more of the summer.

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
1,641 Posts
Rode five days in May, up to three in June already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts