Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vasectomy on June 2... Finally braved a ride this morning to work. Well, that part went fine and I felt good but I somehow tore a hole in the rear tire sidewall.. which followed by the loudest poppong tube I have ever heard while on my bike. crap... Didn.t anyone feed the cycling gods this morning.

· Registered
91 Posts
luvmybike said:
Vasectomy on June 2... Finally braved a ride this morning to work. Well, that part went fine and I felt good but I somehow tore a hole in the rear tire sidewall.. which followed by the loudest poppong tube I have ever heard while on my bike. crap... Didn.t anyone feed the cycling gods this morning.
You have no idea how happy I am for you, I thought your story was going to be much more scary. :)

· Registered
152 Posts
Tore a hole in what?!?!

Hey, that's the least of your problems. Congrats on an apparent quick recovery. My wife's been buggin' me to get one for the past couple of years, but I don't want to lose the time off my bike. Just kidding (sort of)? Tell us more about your recovery, how painful, etc.?

· Registered
152 Posts
i had the big v last year. dr's recommended two weeks of nothing but after four days "performance" was back to normal. i didn't run, lift, or ride though for about three weeks. i was fine after that. if you keep ice on and wear the jock strap and whitie tighties like they say
no big deal. i had little to bruising, two very small spots as big as a pinky nail. no pain either after about four days. i just moved slow and took it easy; except for the inability to resist my wife after only four days...

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pain is not the word for it

SuperB said:
Hey, that's the least of your problems. Congrats on an apparent quick recovery. My wife's been buggin' me to get one for the past couple of years, but I don't want to lose the time off my bike. Just kidding (sort of)? Tell us more about your recovery, how painful, etc.?
Just a great deal of discomfort... Doc told me to keep the wife away and stay off the bike for atleast a week. I actually had cycling socks on during the procedure so he mentioned the cycling without me even saying I ride.

It was not as bad as I expected... Spent the weekend on the couch with an ice bag... Drank some beer watched television... Discomfort lasted through Tuesday so five days of that followed by moving pretty slow for the rest of the week. THis past weekend I started feeling pretty good. I took a run afterwork on MOnday and that went well so back on the bike for a Tuesday commute and I felt pretty good. No five hour epic rides or anything but I am definitely gonna get in three rides to work this week. 11 days total off the bike.

My advice to anyone about to undergo... 1. Do what the doc says. PLan on taking it real easy for the first week. 2. Support. Borther get the boys some support. I did not go with the jock strap but found some decen part poly part cotten boxer briefs that worked. 3. ABout four Fat Tire Ales got me to sleep that first night (note that was sans the darvocet prescription which I just replaced with Motrin.)

I thought i might get some work done on stripping an old mtn bike frame that first weekend. Wrong, crouching and pulling and pushing were definitely not in the cards

· Unstable
195 Posts
luvmybike said:
Just a great deal of discomfort... Doc told me to keep the wife away and stay off the bike for atleast a week.
Have heard that frozen peas, corn, or other small ball bearing shaped vegetables are good for the healing process. Glad to hear the tear and pop were not aftermaths of the, ummm, procedure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.