Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also the first day on anything other than Shimano.
Full Campagnolo Record gruppo save for the Zero-Gravity brakes, ITM stem and Reynolds OuzoPro AnaTomic handlebar. I'm coming off a Felt F15 (scandium/carbon) and I thought that bike was stiff :rolleyes:
I fell in love with this bike with the first pedal stroke and was surprisingly comfortable for the entire 4hr ride.
Hey, this Campy stuff is nice!

· Parlee fan!
747 Posts
magnificent!

the pup said:
Also the first day on anything other than Shimano.
Full Campagnolo Record gruppo save for the Zero-Gravity brakes, ITM stem and Reynolds OuzoPro AnaTomic handlebar. I'm coming off a Felt F15 (scandium/carbon) and I thought that bike was stiff :rolleyes:
I fell in love with this bike with the first pedal stroke and was surprisingly comfortable for the entire 4hr ride.
Hey, this Campy stuff is nice!

Hi the pup!

Any bike lover would understand your affection towards your new ride. It's a brilliant work of art. I, myself, am very much attracted to your new steed. Well done. Enjoy your summer. I'm pretty sure it would be a fantastic one.

Ride safely,

Joe

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today was the first day with the new bike in our regular Tuesday group ride. It's more of a hill repeat suffer-fest than chatty group gig, so little is said other than the occasional "hey, is that bike new?" So much for her unveiling....:rolleyes:
What I like about the stiffness is that none of the pedalling energy is waisted. There is zero flex with the Khan so I am able to stay seated throughout the 4:30 minute climb fairly comfortably even over the top when we are all in deep in o2dep. On the decent we have a hard sharp right hander and the Kuota tracks well and stays in her line. As an old crit racer, cornering ability is still pretty important to me.
I'm still very happy if not happier after today in my new bike. Even with the 'older' wheelset, she comes in just over 15lbs, so she is a dream to climb with. Tomorrow I should take a day of rest but I'm too excited, so I'll do a long sustained climb of around two hours then turn around and see how she flys on the way down!:thumbsup:
To answer some questions:
1. The bike is a 56
2. The difference between Campagnolo Record and Shimano Dura Ace? Good Lord, how do I answer that?! Instead of getting all techno (I'll leave that to someone more qualified than I) how about if I say; 'The controls feel good in my hands, and when I move through the gears the bike seems to appreciate it as well'
Well, thanks for granting me the opportunity to wax over my new passion. I'm sure there are plenty days of suffering and smiling ahead of me...
pup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.