Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just attended my first film festival. All I've seen is one movie and a short. Maybe another one down the road. The movie I saw won't be shown for a month or so and opens in New York and LA. The stars are Colin Hanks and John Malkovich. Daddy Hanks has a small part and plays Colin's daddy. It was good and the short was an amazing voodoo doll animation. I'm in Sedona and it's 75 and sunny. I'm warm and luvin' it.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i went to the first annual iowa film festival. i think it might have been the last, too. it was held at my college, university of northeren iowa, my senior year. i saw two "films" that stuck out. one was a split screen of tarantino sequences contrasted against the films he took them from. this guy had a real thing against tarantino. it was about 2 years after pulp fiction hit the circuit, so backlash was starting.

the other was not really so much a film as it was a guy walking around iowa city with a camcorder asking people to tell them about any scars they had. it was actually kinda interesting. and funny. but it looked really cheap.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a "real" film festival. Celebrities and all. A lot of famous people have homes around Sedona and this festival is well attended by some rich and famous. However, we haven't been around enough to see anyone. The festival has a cable channel and is interviewing celebrities and there have been plenty of recognizable folks. We've been hiking a lot and only plan on seeing movies in the evening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts