Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
W'buV Peddler...
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I went on my first group ride with my LBS. There were about 6 other riders and I was by far the least experienced and most out of shape. Although I must say I wasn't the last one back to the shop but the guy behind me had got his wisdom teeth out the day before and was on meds. He probably shouldn't have been riding. I was under prepared and not ready for a ride like that after a full day of work but I made it! 1 hr 50 mins at about 15.5 or so mph. I don't think that was too bad for not really riding over 18 miles at a time before. I just wanted to share my excitement.

I am hurting :Yawn: and probably going to get up into the tub, but it was worth it and I cant wait to ride with them again...good guys

·
What Would Google Do.
1,578 Posts
I demand a refund,this has clearly been advertised under false pretenses.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Congrats, that is a great thing. I can still remember some of my "first" rides with different clubs and bike shops, many of which are no more. My first goes back 22 years and i can still remember it clearly. Glad you did well and you will only get stronger and fitter.

Enjoy your well earned bath. LOL LOL LOL

Bill.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Good on you. 15.5 is a good average for a newbie despite what some others on these forums would have you believe. Naturally, all their rides average 21-25 mph. Right! Keep riding. You've got nowhere to go but up.

·
Team Tom's
1,900 Posts
I ride like Ventruck...

Congrats on the ride! Doood, that first 25 plus mile ride is a doozy! I was in so much pain it was aweful. But for some reason, you want to do it again... That's what makes you a cyclist. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.