Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Witty custom user title
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have planned our first mini-tour of the year which will be taking place in about a month. We're on the west side of Tokyo, and will be riding 109 miles northwest, over the mountains, to a town called Matsumoto. We'll be staying the night at an onsen, and then will ride the 109 back the following day.

First and foremost, this will easily be my longest ride ever - my current long is only 77 miles, so I'm sure I'm in for a real treat. :)

Anyway, I plan to get the Carradice Nelson longflap bag with the SQR support as my means of packing. I'll be riding my LeMond Buenos Aires, so no rack eyelets to install panniers, etc. I know that there are other options available, but for a two-day excursion, I think that this bag will suffice just fine.

So what else do I need to consider/plan/think about? What would make the most sense for me in terms of preparation (prior eating, etc)? What would you think would be the absolute essentials as far as packing goes?

220 miles in 2-days....I think I'm ready. :)

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
It would be a whole lot easier if you didn't carry anything.

Could you mail your stuff to the onsen (get an extra set of postage so you can mail it back).

·
Witty custom user title
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probaly not a realistic option (language barrier, etc). Plus, I would imagine that some of that stuff would be nice to have along the way (other than the spare clothing, etc).

·
hello
3,394 Posts
Onsen desuka.......ii desu ne~

You can go fairly light on this tour as you'll find anything and everything along the way. .....even in vending machines...:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts