Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so here's some pictures of my new (first) road bike. I'm always seeing/hearing about other people getting flack for leaving something on that shouldn't be on there or putting something on the wrong way or what have you... so I figured I'd just sorta throw myself on the mercy of the... whatever this place is... so go ahead! Heckle, crack wise, be merry... and tell me "what's wrong with this picture?"

· Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I've been ridin it (and I effin loooove it! Soooo much faster than the mtb). I just don't wanna leave somethin on there that's obviously ridiculous looking and get laughed at *shudder* or judged *shudder shudder*. I mean I know it's obviously not that important but... whatever... oh and here's a pic of the mtb (if I can get it to work).........

· Registered
11,555 Posts
No Fred would ever ride with a torn saddle—so you're completely safe from all fred-dom. The only people with even worse-looking saddles are hard-core racers.

But the rack price sticker has got to go. :D

· scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
just dont show up to a fast ride with it. If you do, instant fred.

As long as you stay on commutes and MS150 type rides you will be fine.

Otherwise, instant fred status... or.... otherwise.... things to check off as "fred" on a fast ride...are: Racks, Platform pedals, reflectors...

What is the red thing next to the computer in pic 2... is that a light? If so, then add light.

haha, kidding.

As I said in the other thread. If you ride fast, people stop calling you fred.

· Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZoSoSwiM said:
I would love to see a super fast group ride get blown about by a sandle wearing.. rack and fender cyclist.. Just imagin the crushed egos when the hipster flys by..
Yeah, that's my goal:D ... Wanted to do it on the mtb but I used to try keeping up with road bikes right after they'd pass me... I could chase 'em for about a mile usually but then they'd drop me v_v... Hopefully it'll be different with this bike... even with that terribly heavy rack and the bumper sticker flappin around on my front tire.

· I like the BIG RING
160 Posts
I'll bet...

1. That the rack is more comfortable than the saddle.
2. That if we collided, your bike would destroy mine.

But I wouldn't bet.....

1. That you could beat a decent roadie. But heck, keep trying! (PS, if you see my slow a**, wave as you pass me!)

Best of luck!

· Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
buddyp said:
you're missing some essential fred equipment:

a bell

rack trunk

a really big lock

fenders

just kidding -- as long as it makes you happy and you get out and ride! that's all that matters
well i've already got a gigantic U-lock from the mtb... and i wanna get some fenders cause it rains here a lot... :blush2:

· Banned
7,191 Posts
buddyp said:
you're missing some essential fred equipment:

a bell

rack trunk

a really big lock

fenders

just kidding -- as long as it makes you happy and you get out and ride! that's all that matters
Nah, that ain't fred equipment... Fred equipment is a pair of ksyrium ssc wheels with the dork dish still attached. Fred equipment is a Orbea Orca with reflectors.

Alls I can say about yer setup is you should try and get that rack more horizontal.

And yer Obama sticker is crooked.

· Two scoops of inertia.
530 Posts
Another way to de-fred your bike would be to replace your tires, once worn, with units that have reflective sidewalls. Then you could ditch the spoke reflectors. Just leave the 360 for when you are too sore to ride.

· waterproof*
41,745 Posts
In all seriousness, I bet you'll tire of that saddle after a few long rides. Maybe not, you never should judge another man's saddle And as you become more "performance oriented" you'll hear the seductive call of clip-in pedals. When you do swap 'em out, keep those platform pedals for your other, "casual" bike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.