Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time out with the new camera and a good sunrise.

First boat on the water.

First light.

First runners of the day.

First class.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
MB1 said:
What do you row, a 2 oar boat or a 4 oar?
Depends. Most recently, a pair (one oar each). It is my favourite boat (and the hardest to row well; I fear there is a connection). I have had some trouble getting a regular partner since my mate of three years has rudely moved back to the U.S of A. The current one seems to be working out, but our power comes on at slightly different parts of the stroke which makes it rather interesting.

We also have an eight, which changes in composition depending on who is around. Seat races for that take place this Saturday (big regatta in June in Portland).

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oarsman said:
Depends. Most recently, a pair (one oar each).....
Pairs scare me. :eek:

Of course a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm no good.

I was thinking of you when I took these this morning.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Great shot

MB1 said:
Pairs scare me. :eek:

Of course a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm no good.

I was thinking of you when I took these this morning.
That pair looks pretty much in tune. It truly is fabulous when you and your partner are just "on". Nothing like it. On the flip side, when you are not, there is no place to hide. The feeling of a smooth running pair is better even than a mens eight working together (though the power in that sucker is something else). What club is it? The colours look a bit like ours.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
The little guy seems to take some really good pics. The stock is a 14mm? So, did you compose using the real time lcd or the eye view?

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ridgetop said:
The little guy seems to take some really good pics. The stock is a 14mm? So, did you compose using the real time lcd or the eye view?
This is the only one I used the LCD with, the rest I eyeballed. The camera (Olympus 420) is a nice mix of digital p-n-s and DSLR. Really easy to carry. You go with the live view and you get shutter lag just like the p-n-s's.

I don't like shutter lag.

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
I think they look great. I am glad you like the e420. It makes my chance of liking it even more since I pulled the trigger today.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oarsman said:
....What club is it? The colours look a bit like ours.
Lots of colleges on the water every morning so it is hard to tell. We are having a really late and wet spring. Mostly everyone was wearing sweats of all colors in every boat so there is no telling who is who and what is what.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
MB1 said:
Lots of colleges on the water every morning so it is hard to tell. We are having a really late and wet spring. Mostly everyone was wearing sweats of all colors in every boat so there is no telling who is who and what is what.
You can never tell by the training clothes. It is all about the oars. The crew in the pair look to have red and white oars, which would be the club (or college) colours.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
MB1 said:

check the oars... teams/colleges all have their own colors and design. most train in whatever grubby gear is least stinky on that particular day

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oarsman said:
You can never tell by the training clothes. It is all about the oars. The crew in the pair look to have red and white oars, which would be the club (or college) colours.
[email protected] I knew that! What was I thinking?!?

They always make me use the yellow oars (as in "DANGER Noobsauce On Board"). :eek:

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
I agree with the shutter lag problem. It's what I hate about PinS's. My newer Nikon is so slow I think I would have been getting sunset pictures instead of sunrise pictures. I'd love to get the Olympus but right now I think I'm stuck with what I've got. Oh well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.