Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics i've taken in the past few days; definitely not up to par with some of the amazing photos that get posted here, but they give you the basic idea about where i ride. and where i ride is calgary, alberta, canada. (the older folks will remember it as the host of the 1988 olympic winter games) i was only an ankle-biter when those games took place, but they left an impact on this city, and it's still a clean, fitness-friendly place to be. lance armstrong called it the happiest surprise of all his charity riding destinations.
here are some portions of my ride. sorry for the monotony, i'll get more inventive and take more pics of different settings in the future. kinda testing out the new camera and just starting to make a habit of taking it with me. happy riding!

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Nice pictures. I was out of commission when the snow came around this year, and I kinda miss the snow riding. Thanks.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! yeah, the ice/snow was really sketchy when these pics were taken. the week before had been beautiful weather, then more snow an cold hit, so ice as really bad. hence the downhill flat-pedals on the roadie :D the 28c slicks were a little sketchy on the ice but i didn't want to use any of my pricier rigs, since i had to keep the bike locked outside for like 8 hours at a time. snow riding is a ton of fun though, definitely. hope next winter treats you better!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Is that bike even locked?

I love the snow on it and the DT shifters but where is the humongous lock?

BTW nice post.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MB1 said:
I love the snow on it and the DT shifters but where is the humongous lock?

BTW nice post.
hehe, no locks here. that stand is literally 1 metre out the door of the coffee shop i part-time it at and i'm always in the kitchen about 10 feet from the door, so there's no need. plus, on that day, it was snowing so hard and the MUT was like a glacier, so i figured anyone trying to steal that bike that was willing to ride it home without a helmet deserved to keep it :D usually i take the front wheel off, but i had a problem with the fork drops icing up.
the down-tube shifters definitely rock, but i have it manually locked out right now. i plan on making to jump to a fixie conversion in april. still trying to decide whether to stick with the vintage drops, or go with a flat-bar or bullhorns. decisions, decisions :)

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Wow, that looks really cool. I like the composition of some of your pics. The one in the parking garage really stands out to me for some reason.

One question though... what's that white crap all over the ground???

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Nice pics and I can relate to the snow. I'm watching it come down outside my window right now. Ah, skiing will be good tomorrow.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here's a few more i took today. i've been inspired by the posts of MB1, hoo and others so i'm trying to mess around with b&w's and tints. this photgraphy thing is mighty cool. happy riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts