Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
kytyree said:
so what's it going to look like when its all done?
I think Carl is adding a third wheel and painting it in safety orange. It's for everyone's good.

I'm not sure if the third wheel will go in the back or front, it was a late design change based on the new owner's bike handling skillz.

G

·
barry1021 said:
Beefy, to hold my beefiness. Have to be able to chase Toomanybikes and Zmudshark through the Arizona desert. He builds great forks doesn't he?

b21
That paint came out a lot "drabber" than I expected.

Are you really happy with that??

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kytyree said:
so what's it going to look like when its all done?
It's going to be plum colored with soft yellow highlights and lettering. I am going to put shimano extended reach brakes and dura ace 8 spd gruppo. No racks or fenders to begin with. It takes up to 35mm tires.

And if you are wondering about the references from my former friends ZMud and TMB, I had a careless accident last week and trashed one of my beautiful Merckx SLX, Hence the training wheel suggestions.

b21

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
barry1021 said:
It's going to be plum colored with soft yellow highlights and lettering. I am going to put shimano extended reach brakes and dura ace 8 spd gruppo. No racks or fenders to begin with. It takes up to 35mm tires.

And if you are wondering about the references from my former friends ZMud and TMB, I had a careless accident last week and trashed one of my beautiful Merckx SLX, Hence the training wheel suggestions.

b21
You gotta admit, the 953 trike would be safer for you, and still have the bling factor of a one off!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
toomanybikes said:
Well, we're trying to convince B21 that he needs a 953 trike, so the CF 'bent.
I am pretty sure this was karmic retribution for me making fun of your admittedly tragic loss in the fire. I really don't want to see you spontaneously combust or come down with dengue fever (however if you should, I call dibs on the Peg and green Strong), so perhaps you should back off a bit for your personal safety, Just sayin'

b21

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
barry1021 said:
I am pretty sure this was karmic retribution for me making fun of your admittedly tragic loss in the fire. I really don't want to see you spontaneously combust or come down with dengue fever (however if you should, I call dibs on the Peg and green Strong), so perhaps you should back off a bit for your personal safety, Just sayin'

b21
The Peg is too small for you, but I think I could make it fit:D

G

·
zmudshark said:
The Peg is too small for you, but I think I could make it fit:D
I think all this Peg talk is in bad taste.

You guys are wishing me dead, just to get my bikes ................

Here's the deal. Neither one of you gets near the Peg until I SEE b21 riding the Trike.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
toomanybikes said:
I think all this Peg talk is in bad taste.

You guys are wishing me dead, just to get my bikes ................

Here's the deal. Neither one of you gets near the Peg until I SEE b21 riding the Trike.
Not so, we wish you long life and prosperity. And if that is what it is going to take to get a spin on the Peg, break out the training wheels!

b21

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Back from paint

THe background washes it out a bit, but its yellow and champagne highlights-originally was going to be metallic plum. but Spectrum couldnt do it in powder so J.T. at Spectrum and I changed it on the fly. I was planning on using a Dura Ace 8 spd gruppo that i have since the brakes are extended reach and i bought the Shimano R650, but we will see. Sadly, Zmud and Toomany get to see it before I do.

b21

G

·
B21,

You know I love your bike, and I'm pissed that you got a 3rd bottle mount and I didn't .............

I love the headbadge on it.

But .......

Why do I get to see it first?

G

·
Looks awesome, the Strong frames you all have posted lately have them on my list for sure. I will get around to ordering something from there.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts