Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been following the forums on here for some time. Very useful for a guy beginning to get into road biking. I was on a budget, and ended up spending a bit over a grand for a 2011 Cannondale Supersix. I was happy with the purchase, yet today when examining the frame more closely, I realize I missed a chip that is on the top tube, on the carbon protrusion that holds the cable housing. I attached a picture. I wonder what I should do about this, and how severe the damage is. I hope it doesn't compromise the integrity of the frame. Thanks so much ladies and gentlemen, your feedback is much appreciated. View attachment 282908

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, and Welcome to the forum!.... as a fellow Supersix owner, I can tell you, that you will not be disappointed.
Its hard to see the chip you mentioned in the picture... since its a gloss paint on the frame. However, I would suggest you have the shop you purchased it from look it over.
And it looks like the derailleur cable's housing isn't in the frame's cable stop all the way.... maybe an adjustment they can look into also?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the kind words. I can't make it to the shop this weekend which is why I was hoping for fellow forum member's opinions. Here is a much better picture. You will notice the lower portion of cable stop part of the frame has been chipped off, revealing dark grey carbon fiber. I wonder if it's possible to make this look black like the surrounding area? So it sounds like this won't compromise the "integrity" of the frame from what one poster said. View attachment 282934

·
Energizer Bunny
81 Posts
You have two things happening in that picture.

1. Chipped cable stops, looks to me it's moulded into the frame.
2. You have New Bike Syndrome.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
Now that I see the chip more clearly in the second picture. I would advise you dont ride it. Dont even keep it in the house. I will PM you my address and you can send it to me. I will assure a proper and fitting disposal.

Seriously, its fine. Now that your bike is trashed, ride the hell out of it and have fun!

·
Registered
275 Posts
LMAO!!!!!

I see what you mean about a chip... should be fine, if you want to be picky about it, get some touch up paint, and cover it up.

I just came in from a ride, and you had me checking on my supersix... LOL- no chips to report here

Now that I see the chip more clearly in the second picture. I would advise you dont ride it. Dont even keep it in the house. I will PM you my address and you can send it to me. I will assure a proper and fitting disposal.

Seriously, its fine. Now that your bike is trashed, ride the hell out of it and have fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.