Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's my list of ways to save weight:

Empty water out of bottle: saves 400g!

Don't wear hydration pack: saves over 1000g!

Take a dump: varies, depending on last meal.

Get a haircut: saves 50-100g.

No softener when washing shorts/jersey: 2-3 g savings

Fill tires with hydrogen: saves about 20g!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say "hindenburg"? Sure you can....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some tricks of the trade

When my buddies and I do epic climbs up Mt Wilson, I always remind (ask) them if they have spare CO2 cartridges and tubes and that they should have extra just in case. So I accidently on purpose leave my saddle bag in the car. Then I carry two water bottles, but only one is half filled. (I'll make a sly comment that I have gatorade in one bottle and water in the other.) There are several ranger stations on the way for refills. Within a mile left of the finish I empty what's left in the bottle. I bring one or two clifbars and a windshell. How you like them apples!? Gotta love psychological warfare. I'm sure my buddies have tricks of their own but don't know the CO2 trick yet. And I'm not about to tell them.

Oh and, never show that you're having a bad day. But when you're climbing in form, pretend you're suffering and your friends will take up most of the pace.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
I 've found that cutting off body parts can be quite effective! Lose an ear, save a couple of grams! An arm? Gotta be a big weight savings! How 'bout a leg? Wow! (Oh, you might need it, though.)

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
Hopefully it'll be more tolerable...

here than that Weight Weenies Forum; Geeez... d'ya think talkin about gettin yer bike real light makes yer brain real light too??? Maybe that's a some kinda weight saving trick :rolleyes:

And let's hope that we don't have to listen to that superlight(?) kid here... what an obnoxius irritating pesky piece of vomit he is.... I am not a violent man but I sure do get the urge to slap him upside his head everytime I accidently drift over to that site although I never post there.

·
Registered
405 Posts
6was9 said:
And let's hope that we don't have to listen to that superlight(?) kid here... what an obnoxius irritating pesky piece of vomit he is.... I am not a violent man but I sure do get the urge to slap him upside his head
Then you probably know me, I try and piss him off as often as possible - until he runs and tells Florian (moderator) that I am being mean to him. Having an opinion is one thing, but ramming it down our throats is completely different.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Dave_Stohler said:
OK, here's my list of ways to save weight:

Empty water out of bottle: saves 400g!

Don't wear hydration pack: saves over 1000g!

Take a dump: varies, depending on last meal.

Get a haircut: saves 50-100g.

No softener when washing shorts/jersey: 2-3 g savings

Fill tires with hydrogen: saves about 20g!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say "hindenburg"? Sure you can....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.