Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off hi, this is my first post.
I have been mtn biking seriously for about 3 yrs doing 24hr., 110mi. and other endurance races.
I recently purchased my first road bike to put in more training miles and while I love it was wondering if anyone else has any experience with the scattante cfr.
Keep in mind it is not for racing, just for training miles and for something different.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
another question

I (at this time) don't want to buy "road" shoes so I put a pair of crank brothers tti eggbeaters on the scattante and will use my mtn bike shoes.
I like both the pedals and the shoes I have... does anyone else do this?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I rode SPD's & mtn shoes for a year and a half - mostly commuting. It's a little bit of a faux pas but you can probably live with it until your completely converted :). FWIW - mtn shoes are much easier to walk in.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
welcome to the forum

at the moment most of my miles are commuting miles - I use stiff mtb shoes and Time Atacs - I haven't had any complaints - ride in what's comfortable - and in what you already have

riding road will make you a much stronger off road rider

dunno Scattante

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Same here...........

Welcome to the 'dark side'.

Havent heard anything bad about 'Scattante'. Think they're sold thru 'Supergo' or something. Asian carbon bikes I believe. Some of them sure look good though. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks

thanks for the welcomes and replys.
I think I will stick with my eggbeaters and mtn shoes as they are effecient, comfortable, and paid for.
honestly, I am really liking this "road riding" deal the speed, lots of miles and everything else that goes with bike riding in general all done right outside my front door. :D

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
mtnbikeking said:
thanks for the welcomes and replys.
I think I will stick with my eggbeaters and mtn shoes as they are effecient, comfortable, and paid for.
honestly, I am really liking this "road riding" deal the speed, lots of miles and everything else that goes with bike riding in general all done right outside my front door. :D
One of my favorite things of road riding is I leave from my house. With Mt biking I always had to drive at least 10 miles to get to a trail head and most were 30 or so.

·
Registered
83 Posts
vol245 said:
One of my favorite things of road riding is I leave from my house. With Mt biking I always had to drive at least 10 miles to get to a trail head and most were 30 or so.
I agree completely... just walk out and go.

I love the idea of mtb riding, and growing up riding bmx constantly, I thought I would gravitate towards it, but I always ended up bailing a LOT... I cannot get used to being clipped in for offroad riding (never had that problem on road bikes though)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
atropos said:
I agree completely... just walk out and go.

I love the idea of mtb riding, and growing up riding bmx constantly, I thought I would gravitate towards it, but I always ended up bailing a LOT... I cannot get used to being clipped in for offroad riding (never had that problem on road bikes though)
I rode mtb for about 10 or 12 years then gave it up. I never was worth a crap at the technical stuff and got sick of dealing with it. I was in better condition though when I did ride it. My HR was in the 160s and 170s much more on the mtb than on the road bike. I also used to hit my max about once every ride. I never hit it on the road bike. Not enough hills around here. My low back and knees were also not liking the off-road abuse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.