Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. The biggest. My saddle keeps flipping up. I undo it and retighten it, but it repeatedly does it.

2. I heard a squeak while I was riding. I narrowed it down to my crank, and tightened it. The noised stopped for a while but came back.

Any ideas.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
What type of seatpost are you using? If it's one bolt, it has to be set between the serrations, otherwise it will tilt. Try more muscle power.

Try more lube in the crank. although creaks, clicks, and so on are hard to trace.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Grease

ts103706 said:
1. The biggest. My saddle keeps flipping up. I undo it and retighten it, but it repeatedly does it.

2. I heard a squeak while I was riding. I narrowed it down to my crank, and tightened it. The noised stopped for a while but came back.

Any ideas.
For the saddle, be sure that the threads on the saddle bolt are greased so that you can apply the required force to the clamp.

For the cranks, you haven't been too specific about what you tightened, but all metal-metal interfaces should be greased, along with the threads on any bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.