Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Ron&Fez XM202/Sirius197
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ride with the RED was last Friday(22 miles,avg 20.1), no mis-shifts. easy to get used to. I think its in my head but this bike is FAST. I had a terrible headwind for the first 10-12 miles, but was still able to keep her around 22mph on the flats. Once I turned around and had the wind at my back, was rollin at 24-25mph in zone 2 HR. Only had a few hills tonight, nothing crazy. Since I was solo, didnt push too hard on the hills. Usually a pissing match on the same hills on our group rides. It feels stiff out of the saddle, but comfy on the flats. I know its only my first ride on her, Im THRILLED with her af 1st ride.

Sunday Im did the "Bike Freedom Valley" ride. A ride from Philadelphia to Valley forge and back. I did the 62mile ride, some nice climbs on this ride, I was very happy with how the bike was on the hills. Only prob was the cassette came loose (prob with inital build, sag tightened her up, no issues for the next 40 miles). Glad I went with the 11-26 over the 11-23.

So far IM thrilled with RED. Feels much more positive than my previous DA10.
Bryan

485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got white tape coming tomorrow and a new seat post coming early next week. Then she will be done(well, maybe saddle change). Will post some pics af the tape and post are on.
Bryan

485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went with the Stella tape, LOVE IT. Will snap some pics once the white saddle gets here...08 Selle Italia Flite gel. It has same preforated holes the tape has.
Bryan

485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New Pics>>>>>>>>>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.