Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my first road race this past week. My goal was to finish with the main group and I accomplished my and finished 16. After last week’s crit, I decided to be MORE aggressive and be at the front. But I did learn from this race was that you don't want to be leading the group because when it comes down to the sprint you better be ready. Well I put to much effort at being in the front of the group and didn't have anything left for the sprint. Next race is this weekend, I am going to try to sit in the pack and wait until the end to sprint for the finish. It appears that I feel more comfortable in Road races vs Crits but I think I will become more comfortable with more races.

· Apa kabar?
269 Posts
keep on keepin on...

my only recommendation, which i think you already know, is to keep mixing it up in these races. it is only through participation in races that you can find out what works and what doesn't. i think the confusing part begins when one tactic or strategy will work in one race, but may not work in another. you have to always be ready to adapt your strategy to the course and to the conditions. were you able to ride the course before you rode the RR? might help you pick out a place to begin a sprint/breakaway/whatever. good luck this weekend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.