Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

What Bars

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want drops.

It's between Bullhorns, Risers (chopped) or Flat Bar (400mm)

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Why not drops?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pablo said:
Why not drops?
I prefer flats for towing kids and commuting. I just never feel comfortable riding the tops of road bars for a long period.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would consider what braking set up you feel most comfortable with in combination with which bar type.

ie. Bullhorns with reverse brakes might leave you having to reach forward to brake if your riding on the flat part of the bar.

I am currently building a fixed wheel for use here in Norway (little traffic, lots of hills). I have fitted a reverse brake to one of the ends of a drop bar. The thinking is that my hand will be near the brake when I need it most (desents).

Anyway If you expect to need to brake most while riding more upright my vote is for risers with standard MTB/BMX brakes.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I ride my fixie with drops, though I mostly keep my hands on the tube top where my brake is mounted. I like having the option of riding in the drops though when traffic is light. Doesn't happen very often, but its fun when I can do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.