Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the Missus and I had the pleasure of babysitting my sister's 5 year old daughter while she moved into her new apartment with her husband. I have a LOT of respect for you parental units. My wife and I are around 50 without kids so we've bypassed this responsibility for a while. It was an interesting experience trying to keep her occupied. She was dropped off around 2, so Melly had her solo until I got home from work at 4:30, then we double teamed until Melly started on dinner.

She's a very hyper kid, even more than normal for a 5 year old. Melly took her shopping for flowers and then we went for a walk with the dog after I got home. After dinner we returned to the park for a while to keep her busy. Mom picked her up around 7ish.

We are beat, I can't believe how much it takes to keep up with a kid of that age. I have a lot of respect for you people with kids. We're planning on keeping my brothers 7 & 9 year old daughters for a few days this summer. I need to go into training..

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
nyquil.......babysitter in a jar

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
seriously.....kids are all hyper, they haven't had the "edge" ground off yet...we all used to be like that....I have kids...I get it.....LOL

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Touch0Gray said:
seriously.....kids are all hyper, they haven't had the "edge" ground off yet...we all used to be like that....I have kids...I get it.....LOL
She's a little more hyper than most kids that I've been around, her dad is severely ADHD, she got some of that from him. But still a whole lot of fun, I wouldn't trade it for a bit. One of the neat things is that our dog is very skittish, especially around kids, but he took a liking to her. I've never seen him take to someone like he did to her.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
dogs know best!

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
My 2 and a half year old niece was easy enough for me to hang out with while I went on a short trip up. Of course, her dad was there too and I didn't have to bother with diapers etc etc.

On another note, my 5yr old niece is easy to deal with and just tags along wherever I go when I visit them. Hmm....

Me iz thinking I don't have uber hyper kiddos under my charge. Thankfully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts