Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Potatoes
1,404 Posts
Nice bike and congratulations on going sans car. I've thought of getting that reflective bar tape for my commuter... does it ever annoy you when riding day or night though?

My two cents:
If you are going to do it more often and maybe leave your bike locked outside for longer - I'd suggest you splash out on a more substantial lock, something like a U-lock or chain with mini U-lock (Kryptonite, Abus etc). They're a lot heavier and harder to carry around, but offer far more protection than a cable lock. That thin-gauge cable lock would last about 4 min with decent wire cutters and it would take 5 sec with bike a thieves' tool of choice: bolt cutters.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Awesome post. I need to get a bike I can attach a trailer or panniers to. Everything is so close to my house I don't really have another excuse not to ride.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
Friday I plan to do some errands sans car. Need to get my hair cut and go to the local coffee roaster. Easy to do on the fixie. Guess I'll wear real shorts instead of lycra so as not to scare the customers. My wife goes shopping with me so grocery shopping isn't an option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.