Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am hoping someone can look at geometry numbers and explain how Top Tube length changes (20mm) and reach changes much less (3mm).

The bike in question is a devinci hatchet gravel grinder. Comparing the Small with the Med.

Here is a link to the GEO... Please look and if possible explain to me?

Thanks!

DEVINCI

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Different seat and head tube angles combined with more stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1
Big jump in HT length.
Reach is measured from a vertical line thru the BB.
If you increase HT by 2cm, the ETT is measured 2cm higher on the seatpost which is extended on an angle (STA), as opposed to vertical line measuring reach.

This is a disadvantage of only having 4 sizes, instead of every 1-2cm.

·
is riding in MOPP4
695 Posts
Like the others have said, the medium frame has an HT of 140mm compared to 120mm on the small frame. That, and the differences in SA and HA, all add up to a reach of only 3mm difference. A TT of 53.5cm on a 52cm frame is quite long. If you're after something with less reach, this is not a good frame for you due to the limited sizes available.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've actually seen bikes where the small frame has more reach than the medium. I think this is one reason Cervelo claims their method is superior. They hold the STA constant and actually lengthen the top tube to get more reach.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually want the small to be as "long" as the med. I'm built all torso and short legs. I have a Med on demo currently but a small is unseen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.