Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for reccommendations for fitting, prefferably in the Portland area. Anyone can take your money for doing a fitting, from worthless hack to someone with good intentions diligetly following a guide. It would be nice to find someone who has the magic.

What are your experiences?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Erik Moen

Had a fit done by a bike shop...never felt right. The bike shop measured me up, put my numbers in a computer and set up a fit bike for me to ride. They then tweaked my bike to mimic what the computer told them to use. It was very robotic.

Had another fit done by Erik. Totally different experience. Brought in my bike, he watched my pedalling mechanics and made adjustments from there. He uses knee angles, natural pedalling movements to dial you in. That was almost two years ago - still feel great on the bike.

Erik is your man - here is his website.

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
Herriott Sports Performance

Ex-pro Todd Herriott and his business partner Russell Cree, a physiotherapist and decent bike racer himself have an excellent reputation for bike fitting as well. Located in Seattle.

www.herriottsportsperformance.com

No affiliation, I have raced against Todd and Russell in the past and I know a few guys who have been fit there and are very satisfied.

·
RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mark - Did he work at Gateway a few years ago? I had a recommendation for a mike there, but now it's only Keith and Shawn doing fittings.

·
Los Barriles, BCS, Mexico
1,459 Posts
PdxMark said:
Michael Sylvester, formerly of the Bike Gallery, now with his own fitting business, is the best in Portland. He has trained alot of other fitters, too.
Absolutely agree! I traveled from Spokane to Portland (360 miles, one way) to be fitted by him and have used his numbers on all my new bikes. Perfect!

·
Registered
83 Posts
kmc said:
Had a fit done by a bike shop...never felt right. The bike shop measured me up, put my numbers in a computer and set up a fit bike for me to ride. They then tweaked my bike to mimic what the computer told them to use. It was very robotic.

Had another fit done by Erik. Totally different experience. Brought in my bike, he watched my pedalling mechanics and made adjustments from there. He uses knee angles, natural pedalling movements to dial you in. That was almost two years ago - still feel great on the bike.

Erik is your man - here is his website.

I'm looking at going to Erik as a possible Father's Day gift. Just out of curiosity, what did your fit cost you?

·
Registered
184 Posts
jcolley said:
I'm looking at going to Erik as a possible Father's Day gift. Just out of curiosity, what did your fit cost you?
I have no idea what it costs...I got my insurance to cover it through referral from my doctor. I was having some issues with my neck...he suggested a PT and Erik just so happens to be one. Worked out well.

I would imagine he charges around $150.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.