Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 63 cm Cannondale Road bike. It is measured center to top so it is really only about a 60 cm center to center. Anyway, the top tube is 60 cm and I use a 14 cm stem. I like to have the seat moved a little forward of center on the rails to get optimum knee over spindle alignment.

My question is about a TT bike. I've gotten advice to go smaller on a TT frame. With the fact that a lot of TT bikes have steeper seat angles, I'm guessing that I can get away with a shorter top tube. Question is, how much shorter? I would think that it might not be a great idea to have a big long stem on a TT bike since that would throw a lot of weight over the front end. I would think that it might be better to have a shorter stem. I have my eye on a Cdale TT frame with a 56 cm TT but I'm thinking maybe that is too short for me - even if the 75 degree seat angle maybe makes the top tube more like a 58, as compared to a road bike. How much shorter TT do you think is wise when going from road to TT frame?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts