Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Longtime mountain biker and have been road-biking for the last 2 years, pretty much exclusively for triathlons. I'm in the process of buying a new bike and I've read alot of talk on this forum on bike "fit". What does one look for specifically when evaluating a bike for fit? I know comfort is obviously important but that is subjective. Are there any specific things people use to assess fit? Is a test ride always needed? I may be buying off the Internet and in which case a test ride isn't an option.

Thanks!

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
There are a number of online fit calculators that can give you a sense of how to properly measure yourself for a road frame, but you'd do well to spend a few hours discussing fit and test riding in your local bike shop, even if you are also shopping the 'net.

There are rules of thumb regarding standover, reach, saddle location, etc. that are at the core of most online fit advice. The rest is subjective and influenced both by your physiology (flexibility, core strength) and your subjective desires/kind of riding.

It's been a while since I've looked at a fit calculator but I know there is one at www.wrenchscience.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.