Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
hello
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually on those days that I commute to work I stop at Starbucks to pose while enjoying my cup of coffee. I either ride my fixed gear or the single speed road bike. On those mornings when I don't have the time to pose and finish my coffee I take the coffee with me to work which is just a short distance away.
What I found was that carrying a cup of coffee in one hand and riding is so much easier done on the fixed gear than on the single speed. I have so much more control on the fixed gear. I've done this enough times on both bikes to tell the difference.
So anyone else carry coffee in one hand while riding?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just grab one of these from Soma. Yes, it's fun to balance things in one hand (today I brought a whole pie home in one hand on my MTB), but I wouldn't mess around in traffic with a hot latte. It's almost as distracting as gears.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You Must Be Young!
I am only a month into fixie riding, here in NYC, and love it. But I can't believe these young guys tooling around, yakking on their cell phones, or even carrying their
take out coffee. Guess it goes with the black jeans and mini U lock in their back
pockets. Very cool. And forget about helmets.

Gene, Brooklyn NY

·
hello
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gene Kahn said:
You Must Be Young!
I am only a month into fixie riding, here in NYC, and love it. But I can't believe these young guys tooling around, yakking on their cell phones, or even carrying their
take out coffee. Guess it goes with the black jeans and mini U lock in their back
pockets. Very cool. And forget about helmets.

Gene, Brooklyn NY

I am a 53 year old poser. :D

·
hello
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just purchased a Lodge hibachi grill. Heavy, cast iron and well made. Small, simple charcoal grill for the minimalist who likes fixed gear bikes. I have a large 5 burner gas grill but this little guy is going to be for doing yakitoris. I'm doing some this weekend.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,062 Posts
I searched high and low for a good outdoor chair. The prices for furniture are OUT OF THIS WORLD. Luckily I found one that swivels and rocks, swivels and rocks, swivels and rocks, for just over $400.

I need gloves.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.