Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - here's the situation. I have an old ('89) Serotta Nova Special. Columbus SL Tubing. Lovely bike. It's not getting any love out hanging out at my in-laws house so I'm thinking about reviving its spirits by turning it into a fixed gear (it has those nice long horizontal dropouts). I'm also contemplating taking this opportunity to have it retrofitted with S&S couplings to facilitate easy breakdown/buildup for travel if the need arose.

Questions for the forum:

* Anyone had S&S couplings installed on their fixed gear? Any feedback?
* Anyone have suggestions for framebuilders who can do this? Anyone of these builders close to San Diego?

I could just go the standard road->fixed gear route (which I've done many times in the past), but I want to think about all the options here.

Many thanks

m_b

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
www.sandsmachine.com

mass_biker said:
Ok - here's the situation. I have an old ('89) Serotta Nova Special. Columbus SL Tubing. Lovely bike. It's not getting any love out hanging out at my in-laws house so I'm thinking about reviving its spirits by turning it into a fixed gear (it has those nice long horizontal dropouts). I'm also contemplating taking this opportunity to have it retrofitted with S&S couplings to facilitate easy breakdown/buildup for travel if the need arose.

Questions for the forum:

* Anyone had S&S couplings installed on their fixed gear? Any feedback?
* Anyone have suggestions for framebuilders who can do this? Anyone of these builders close to San Diego?

I could just go the standard road->fixed gear route (which I've done many times in the past), but I want to think about all the options here.

Many thanks

m_b
Give these guys a look. Great photos too !

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
Serottas look good fixed

Maybe it's because I almost bought one 10 years ago and didn't, but I just like the way they look and almost any bike looks better as a fixie. Post a before and after pic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts