Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all

so, there have been a few local shops talking about doing fixie-only road rides..but so far no one's started one.

anyone interested....???, from downtown / REI-Bucks, 1st / 3rd Sat, or one Sunday a month.... head south and west...

it'd be a blast to get 20-30 fixies all out together.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
superfastbikes said:
Howdy all

so, there have been a few local shops talking about doing fixie-only road rides..but so far no one's started one.

anyone interested....???, from downtown / REI-Bucks, 1st / 3rd Sat, or one Sunday a month.... head south and west...

it'd be a blast to get 20-30 fixies all out together.
i'd love to but I've got to get a new fork for the bike first. No hole for a brake to mount.
too dangerous to ride in a group without a brake.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll lend Flecky the fork

Lets get a few more and do it. I've been riding fixie to Chatfield and Cherry Creek from Capitol Hill, 40-60 mile RT's.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Spero said:
Lets get a few more and do it. I've been riding fixie to Chatfield and Cherry Creek from Capitol Hill, 40-60 mile RT's.
i wish it were that easy...
i need a threaded fork for that baby. picked up one at veloswap but a little too short. I need to pull it out and measure it and do some leg work on e-bay

i'm guessin this would be RMRC spero... It would be too weird if there were lots of ya around town!
-d

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
The Rocky Mountain Cycling Club has a Sunday fixed gear ride that starts in Erie. More info available here. Nonfixies are also welcome to do the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts