Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Adam in Brooklyn
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone offer advice on how hard/easy it is to replace Sidi Techno Bucles (photo below)? I can't find any documentation online on how to do this. I'd like to see how to do this before i try myself. If it's complex, is it better to have a cobbler do it, or can a bike shop usually handle the task? Also, my shoes are from 2002: are the replacement buckles universal? Thanks for any advice the hive mind can offer! Best, Adam

· Say "nuke-u-lar"
453 Posts
I haven't used Sidi's for a while but I had to replace the buckles several times (mountain shoes take a regular beating), did it myself no problem. On the other hand, Sidi changes design often, so not sure if it is still as easy to pop on and off or if the newer ones are interchangeable on the older shoes.

· Registered
128 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
I haven't used Sidi's for a while but I had to replace the buckles several times (mountain shoes take a regular beating), did it myself no problem. On the other hand, Sidi changes design often, so not sure if it is still as easy to pop on and off or if the newer ones are interchangeable on the older shoes.
Yeah, what he said!! :D

Also, if you buy a new buckle set, it comes with the instructions for replacement.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I have Sidi's. If it were me, I'd take'em to a shoemaker & have him replace the stupid f$%^^ing things with a velcro strap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.