Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to mount a Fizik Arione CX Carbon Braided Rail saddle to a Specialized Seatpost? This particular Fizik saddle has rectangular/oval carbon rails that don't exactly sit properly in the mounting system on my seatpost. The mounting system seems to be designed to work with round rails only. With a little effort, I got the saddle mounted. Oh yeah, my bike is an 07 Roubaix Pro with a Zertz insert.

That being said, the saddle seems secure, and I rode it today for the first time with no perceived issues.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same issue. Eventually got it to stay but the extra carbon warp that they had flaked off. However, no issues. I have an 08 tarmac.

goaliecyclist said:
Has anyone tried to mount a Fizik Arione CX Carbon Braided Rail saddle to a Specialized Seatpost? This particular Fizik saddle has rectangular/oval carbon rails that don't exactly sit properly in the mounting system on my seatpost. The mounting system seems to be designed to work with round rails only. With a little effort, I got the saddle mounted. Oh yeah, my bike is an 07 Roubaix Pro with a Zertz insert.

That being said, the saddle seems secure, and I rode it today for the first time with no perceived issues.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
my bike's underpowered
440 Posts
Fizik claims the carbon braided rails measure 7mm X 9mm tall.

The Kium rails (7mm X 7mm) fit perfectly on the Spec seatpost.

Maybe someone out there knows if problems could come up later.

·
my bike's underpowered
440 Posts
I was thinking :idea: that you might want to start a thread in the "Components, Wrenching" forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.