Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted this in the 'Specialized' Forum, and it was suggested that I post here as well.... please provide insights/opinions....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone tried to mount a Fizik Arione CX Carbon Braided Rail saddle to a Specialized Seatpost? This particular Fizik saddle has rectangular/oval carbon rails that don't exactly sit properly in the mounting system on my seatpost. The mounting system seems to be designed to work with round rails only. With a little effort, I got the saddle mounted. Oh yeah, my bike is an 07 Roubaix Pro with a Zertz insert.

That being said, the saddle seems secure, and I rode it today for the first time with no perceived issues.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
i have that very same saddle mounted to a Thompson seatpost. I seem to recall that it was a little hairy getting the rails to sit in the mount as they are carbon and the process recalled more force than I would have liked to use. But the was 3000 - 4000 miles ago and I have had no issues with it what-so-ever

·
Registered
491 Posts
common issues with those seats because of the rails. I have two and have never had any problems though. I have seen the rails broke before and they are pretty thick at the clamping area, which means it will take alot of force to crush them or crack them. Just dont over do it with the bolts, remember its a seat tight enough so it does not move, but not crank arm tight

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
probably not a good idea on side-clamp posts ...

I posted similar query here, a few weeks ago:
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=162739

If O.P. is referring to the Spec'y single bolt carbon seat posts, those clamps are formed & shaped assuming a round saddle rail ... the Spec'y post clamps the rails on the sides, not top & bottom of rails, like the Thomson or Ritchey posts.

I think the side-clamp would mangle an oval seat rail, especially a carbon rail.

I opted to stay with a round-rail saddle for now, as I didn't wan't to spend another $100+ to replace the seat post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts