Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wont buy Arione saddle. I like white/crome color, but I afraid for durability of covering.
Microtex is durability? - expecially silver Microtex.
Alternative is all black.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have two...one with a silver stripe, and one with a "felt" black stripe. The all-black one seems a bit stronger and the silver one is losing it's silver. Older Ariones seem to have rather thin leather which can tear around the back edges. My newer black one does not have any problems....

Flash

·
ride-a-holic
288 Posts
I have one that is silver with red stripe..

down the center. Seems to be fine, it does have a torn part around the back edge, but that was from a fall. Have had an all black one as well, and the cover semmed to be pretty durable.
As for the MIcrotex, I use the Microtex bartape in Silver and it is holding up rather well. I also love the feel of it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Silver and red here, too. Very nice combo. I've been very abusive towards it and it holds up fine. There is a part on the edge that has ripped but it hasn't gotten any bigger, even after 5-6000 miles like that.

I don't like any Arione that has a stripe that is sticky, like the stock black one. I like the slippery stripe.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Interesting thing about Fizik saddles is few of them come in genuine leather. They use Microtek instead. Even if you order one custom. I've not used mine long enough to comment on the durability. I presume they use Microtek because it holds colors longer, or is easier to dye/paint.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Xyzzy - nice seatpost. I plane buy Alien Aero.
I ordered Arione black Ti. I will get it too 3 days.
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts