Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is sort of a modern, high tech version of the old leather Brooks saddles, but with a lot less weight.

Found on Competitive Cyclist
http://www.competitivecyclist.com...bius-rails
Aluminum rail version for half price.

This is a novel design from Fizik and reported to be one of the most comfortable saddles out there. Here's a good review: Search | road.cc

Amazon lists for $200 (that's about the lowest US price I've found). UK-based probikekit has it for $145 plus shipping - and pbk has sketchy practices. As for Competitive Cyclist? Top class in my book for customer service.

I was really thinking about the mid-width Antares (Chameleon) version until I saw this youtube from Clive de Sousa from glorycycles.com (shout out to GC - great guys)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Eof3zV9rM

·
Registered
760 Posts
I bought a pair from Amazon (via Back country) for the same price about two weeks ago...replacements for my current pair. Price was similar for a few other vendors. Just wish I could find another white one.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a pair from Amazon (via Back country) for the same price about two weeks ago...replacements for my current pair. Price was similar for a few other vendors. Just wish I could find another white one.
I heard that the first gen Kurve saddles had a problem with the composite fabric cracking under the saddle cover, but they were replacing them for free. That said, it speaks well that you wanted to replace yours.

Agree with the "white" comment - that would be so much better for my bike. :D

·
Registered
760 Posts
The new pair I have came in different boxes...I'll have to check the material underneath, but I guess I have both versions. I have no issues with mine after about 2 seasons, but this is the first I've heard about any issues. I had a Kurve "Snake" for a minute, after pretty much going thru the entire fizik line, but sold it as I kept sliding off the back. I need to have a "ramp" in the back of my saddles. The only real issue so far is that the few times I've gently leaned the bikes against a cement wall (group ride from work parking garage) the semi-smooth painted surface had been enough to scuff the rubber trim. But it's not enough to give up on the Kurve...the whole concept has made for the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden. I may even get a second set of backups, seeing as how they may not be made anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts