Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LBS doesn't have any new Aliantes from Fizik, but they have a bunch that came with their Treks as original components. They insist they're exactly the same except for the rails, cro-moly insteam of K:ium, and will sell one for $90.

Does anyone know the deal with this? Has Trek re-branded their bontrager ass-hammers or can I expect the same fit and feel as the real Aliante?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bontrager saddles are most definitely not Fizik saddles. I don't know who makes them, but the shape of the saddles as well as the covers/padding/rail shape of the Bontragers are completely different. Fizik might make them for Trek, but they are not Fizik saddles.

·
Registered
91 Posts
brand is not as important as feel. Will they allow you to try one on your bike for a few minutes before buying it? It's obviously not that hard to swap them out at the shop.

Todd

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
The Bontrager saddles are not the same, but the shape is pretty close to the Aliante. See if your shop is willing to let you demo the saddle, you never know what is going to work until you actually ride it for a while.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, although the saddles are labeled Fizik, there's a consensus that this is a Bontager component?

I might pick it up anyway and see if I like it, but it'd be interesting if someone who's ridden both could give a comparison.

I liked my Arione until it broke in half. Sent it out for a replacement but I'd like to see what else is out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts