Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the new R1 saddle in black. I find it more form fitting than the previous version of the standard Arione. If anything, I would say the new model is a fraction narrower than the previous model at the widest point. Good for me as the old model was a fraction wide for me.

The upgrade to carbon rails has given a decent boost in the comfort department. Hard to put this down to the new model or the carbon rails themselves from my pov.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I wasn't aware that the new Arione was any narrower. In the pics it actually looks wider.

I've been using the older Arione for a few years now, and I've had no problems with the seams. Last year I rode over 12,000 miles, including a couple double-centuries and a 300-mile record across Wisconsin. Not a single bit of discomfort. I am considering a new version though, because they always seem to "hammock" out on me after a few thousand miles.

I have the new R1 saddle in black. I find it more form fitting than the previous version of the standard Arione. If anything, I would say the new model is a fraction narrower than the previous model at the widest point. Good for me as the old model was a fraction wide for me.

The upgrade to carbon rails has given a decent boost in the comfort department. Hard to put this down to the new model or the carbon rails themselves from my pov.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Actually the width is the same, it is length that is slightly different with my R3 being 3mm longer than the original. Also, the newer generation has more of the flat part compared to the regular Arione. I too like my R3 better than the original that I have, but the difference is marginal, with a preference for the new generation. I think the original is slightly more versatile with the newer geared towards a horizontal, "race" position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.