Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't want to take this route by making this public matter but the other alternative is legal action. I had custom wheel set built and supposable shipped on may 15 and today is june 28 and still no wheels. I’ve repeatedly ask for the tracking number, I’m either ignored or told he’ll give me the number later or next day which then I don’t hear anything for another week or two or he looking into the matter with the shipping, but again nothing from him. He has my $1000 and my Chris King hub set, personally I’m starting to think that he just pocket my money and sold my hubs. Since with no tracking number I can’t check myself to prove if he shipped it or not. I’ve called and email but rarely ever hear anything back. I’ve contacted local bike shops near his shop and they have never heard of him or the shop.

Asking if anyone would be able to help me in this matter before I take legal action, The guy’s name is Marcus Collibolletti, I believe that is the correct spelling of his last name but I can’t not find anyone in the world with the same last name which to me sounds odd. The company’s name is Cherry Valley Wheel Works located in Beaumont, CA. I do have the shop’s phone number and address and I have Marcus email but I’m looking for additional information that would help in contracting him so I can settle this matter. Another bit of information I got from talking to city officials in Beaumont and was told that Cherry Valley Wheel Works is own by Mark Hoskin, which I cannot find any additional information on him either other than a compliant about him stiffing some money from a guy on mountain bike review a couple of years back. The biggest problem is I’m located on the east coast and he’s in Beaumont, CA

Any information please PM me

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might just have to do that. I've already called and talked to owner of the building the he rents from but they won't give an additional information. But I have called the credit card company and come monday I'm going to talk to an attorney for further action.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Big red flag

bluedog18 said:
Another bit of information I got from talking to city officials in Beaumont and was told that Cherry Valley Wheel Works is own by Mark Hoskin, which I cannot find any additional information on him either other than a compliant about him stiffing some money from a guy on mountain bike review a couple of years back.
Mark Hoskin developed quite a reputation for doing exactly what is happening to you. It happened often enough that when he seemed to disappear from the cycling scene, some wondered whether he had been taken out by one of his dissatisfied customers. I wish you the best of luck. I'm afraid that you'll need it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Perhaps there is someone in the area that reads this board that could drop by for you. I had asimilar issue with a motorbike shop who ripped me off. Fortunately through people in the enthusiast arena who were willing to help out, I got my money back. If not, you can file small claims online in California if you need too. In addition, file a complaint with the BBB. They can contact the guy and many people with a business can't stand having a bad BBB rating. But if he's as flakey as you say, he may not care.

·
Registered
606 Posts
"In addition, file a complaint with the BBB. They can contact the guy and many people with a business can't stand having a bad BBB rating."

If it's any encouragement, I actually went this route & got 2/3(?) of my money back. I was visiting in FL when my car's clutch went out, & I had to have it replaced down there.

When I returned home to NC, my mechanic pointed out where the FL shop had goofed. It took a month(?), but going thru the FL BBB eventually made the FL shop at least give me some of the cost to fix their mistake.

·
Banned
519 Posts
Wow! Mark Hoskins?!! I can't believe that dude is still around. I heard he scammed some guys along time ago to pay some overdue bills and then just dropped from the scene. I guess he's still in debt or desperate enough to get back to his old tricks.

I feel so sorry for the original poster. Man, you waited that long patiently?! I would've called back and canceled after a couple weeks. The guy scammed you over a month ago! I'm afraid to say, but there is little you or anyone else can do. The BBB will do nothing. That's already a path traveled by others. Not only did he get your money, but I've no doubt he's probably sold your hubs by now. Very sorry for your losing $1000+.
:frown2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would call the Beaumont CA Police immediately and get the ball rolling. You should be able to file a report over the phone and I believe the PD must follow up with every filed report.

If this was any type of internet transaction, the FBI has a internet fraud complaint form which they also follow up on. I’ve used the FBI website when a customer was trying to keep an motorcycle exhaust pipe after he disputed his credit card purchase a couple of years back. He was surprised when the local PD showed up at his work and wanted to talk to him. He gladly paid me that day. :thumbsup:

Also, if this was a credit card transaction, you can dispute your card up to 60 days. This type of thing is what the dispute process is for and I would say it’s not abuse of the system since it’s clear the guy is trying to scam you.

Sounds like a lot of work and a little extreme but the longer you wait with these types, the less likely you will ever see your money or hubs again.

·
Banned
519 Posts
GTR Jeff said:
I would call the Beaumont CA Police immediately and get the ball rolling. You should be able to file a report over the phone and I believe the PD must follow up with every filed report.

Great advice. The BBB kinda drags its heels on things and you still would want to file a complaint with them to get the ball rolling, but GTR Jeff is right. Call the police. You might get faster action. And technically, Mark Hoskin did steal your Chris King hubs so that is theft right there that you can put in the police report. Also, call your credit card company and see what they can do.

Maybe there are some users out in Cali that could help you look up info on this guy. Thieves like that are a problem for all us cyclists ordering stuff online. Keep us up to date with what happens. We want to see this guy get what he deserves. I've heard though that he is kinda a tough guy. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
PM, e-mail me or call me. I worked with mark under various names and been burned a few times with him. The guy is a thief in the long run and a scammer. Beuamont Police had tried several time from what I heard to get him.

he uses many names form Mark, Marcus, Jason with various last names.

very good builde4r, but seems to decied every once in a while to rip people off.

he built a whole lot of wheels for me, then weeks would go buy and nothing from him. Wheels would ship with differnet parts and then it was pulling teeth to get things fixed right.

I have many customers which I lost due to dealing with him. Yes, I was faked out by them twice.

Overall my losses were at a minium, but I lost many good customers in the end.

Many companies will NO LONGER sell him stuff. If you are waiting for Edge rims, then good luck as they will not sell to him.

Again, if I can help. His brothen-n law(I think) Jason who I worked with posts here. His screen name is Karbonbike. e-mail: [email protected]

Maybe RBR can do the community a HUGE favor here a get a sticky up about Cherryville Wheel works.

Last address I have is:

Esoteric Equipment
1721 DATE ST
Beumont, CA

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
barbedwire said:
Wow! Mark Hoskins?!! I can't believe that dude is still around. I heard he scammed some guys along time ago to pay some overdue bills and then just dropped from the scene. I guess he's still in debt or desperate enough to get back to his old tricks.
Sadly, the Beaumont Police can nver get him. Another shop tols me last here he was being deported. I called the Riverside County Police dept to fil a complaint on his peding case and they had NOTHING under all his assumed names :mad: :rolleyes: :mad2:.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
STATEMENT FROM THE BOARD OF CHERRY VALLEY WHEELWORKS, INC.

This public statement is made concerning various allegations, innuendo and incorrect information concerning Cherry Valley Wheelworks, Inc.

1. Cherry Valley Wheelworks, Inc. is a Corporation organized under the laws of the Sate of California. It is not a Sole Proprietorship, DBA, or any other entity.

2. As such, Cherry Valley Wheelworks, Inc. is recognized by the Secretary of Sate of California under the General Corporation Law of California and has the necessary permits and licenses to do business required by The United States of America (Internal Revenue Service), State of California, (Secretary of Sate and Board of Equalization), County of Riverside, and City of Beaumont.

3. As a legal business and entity, Cherry Valley Wheelworks, Inc. has proper business offices and manufacturing facilities as normally recognized and properly inspected by the required authorities to comply with all codes and laws, be they Federal, State, or Municipal.

4. Cherry Valley Wheelworks, Inc. also wishes it to be clear that direct business has never been conducted with light-bikes.com (AKA Giovanni Masi and “Dirt Boy”). Any indirect business has been closed permanently. The reasons for such are varied, but include the following information obtained by internal investigation;

4a. light-bikes.com is not a registered DBA or Corporation, necessary when conducting business under a fictitious name according to the County of Miami Dade (residence and primary business location of light-bikes.com). Source: County of Miami Dade - miamidade.gov Ph: (305) 375-3677

4b. light-bikes.com or Giovanni Masi do not have the necessary Municipal Business License. The City of Coral Gables will not license home based businesses making retail sales in person or via any shipping companies. Source: City of Coral Gables Ph: (305) 460-5208 and BBB (West Palm Beach) Ph: (561) 842-1918

4c. Any permits, licenses or filings for other businesses operated by Giovanni Masi are not transferable to operations by light-bikes.com. Source: All sources listed above.

We therefore dispute any claims made, and serve notice that any dissemination, advertising, or repetition of these claims will be handled appropriately. An internal investigation will be conducted by the Board into the activities suggested here, and any action necessary will be taken. No further public statements will be made, any inquiries, comments or complaints can be made in writing via fax to; Cherry Valley Wheelworks, Inc. Customer Service Fax: (951) 845-6118

ENDS STATEMENT

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
After all that you think you could have at least said where the original poster's wheels and hubs were. Jeeze.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.