Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Crusty AF
1,215 Posts
Strap between the buckle and the helmet, or strap downstream of the buckle? If the latter, cut it. If the former, try sunglasses outside the straps, re-adjusting the strap throughout the helmet, or it's possibly a fit issue.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Sometimes they just flap. The straps on my Specialized Prevail are a bit further away from my head than my previous Giro helmet, and they will vibrate. Depending on which of two sunglasses I have I'm wearing I either put them on the outside of the strap to hold the straps in... or the other pair goes inside the strap to keep them taut.

·
Registered
21,727 Posts
My left helmet strap keeps vibrating and flapping while I do fast descents... any way to fix this? I've already tightened the helmet as much as possible..
Do the twist. Put a twist in the strap that flaps. You might have to unthread the strap from the buckle and rethread it but if you do this you will not only stop the flapping but you will reduce the wind noise.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Do the twist. Put a twist in the strap that flaps. You might have to unthread the strap from the buckle and rethread it but if you do this you will not only stop the flapping but you will reduce the wind noise.
MUST, FIGHT, OCD, TWIST STRAP....UGH, cannot twist my straps, it just doesn't feel right. Although, I'm sure it works. I'm glad I don't have this issue with my helmet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.