Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where you can buy flat bar shifters? Can't find any stateside.

·
Banned
952 Posts
There is an overpriced set on ebay right now. You will be hard pressed to find any shop with them in stock.. As for Glorycycles, you will be hard pressed to find anything in stock.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ClassicSteel71 said:
There is an overpriced set on ebay right now. You will be hard pressed to find any shop with them in stock.. As for Glorycycles, you will be hard pressed to find anything in stock.
I saw the overpriced set on ebay. That's one of the reasons I'm asking here. $200 is crazy.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Got a new set for $149 on Ebay last year.

·
Registered
296 Posts
cs1 said:
I saw the overpriced set on ebay. That's one of the reasons I'm asking here. $200 is crazy.
I wonder if it's the only place we can buy one, how about craigslist.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Keep an eye on Ebay you might end up with a good deal.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zamboni said:
Got a new set for $149 on Ebay last year.
Jones Bikes?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Correct, this is a back up caad 9 bike with Mavic SL and partial Record grouppo.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zamboni said:
Correct, this is a back up caad 9 bike with Mavic SL and partial Record grouppo.

He seemed to be the only guy in town that sold them at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
647 Posts
QBP has them in stock, so most shops should be able to get you some. I believe Campy has now set minimum SRPs, so you're likely looking at $275

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I only paid $156 with freight for the set, if you have the time just wait if they have another set for sale.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zamboni said:
I only paid $156 with freight for the set, if you have the time just wait if they have another set for sale.
I'm going to have to wait. No, way I'm going to pay over $200.00 I'd rather use Shimano.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have a couple of spare sets I got last year but never got round to building it up but am based in UK.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
If you have Campy components then wait for the deal otherwise Shimano.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
zamboni said:
If you have Campy components then wait for the deal otherwise Shimano.
I prefer Campy on my road bikes. With that said Shimano flat bar shifters are way more cost effective than Campy. Maybe Campy can shift more production to Romania and start reducing their costs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts