Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
Frischi did when he won Worlds a few years back.

·
Registered
139 Posts
cogswell23 said:
Sorry but no. Elite Masters are UCI regulated at USGP.
I had a similar question about running my Nitto Moustache bars at USGP in the Masters 1-3 race so I emailed the official listed on the USGP site.

First recieved this:
Tim:

My read is that this is not a uci race and not a national championship so would follow usac rules. I am only reading on iPhone, but only see "width < 75 cm" for bicycle width limit in the 1M1 section of usac regs. Bar ends or hoods too close together are a different matter.

Joan, do you read this any differently?

Andy
-----------

Then this:
Andy is correct. USAC rules apply for this category.

-- joan
So I'm bringing the moustache bars.

And after looking at the nationals rules, where it says "UCI rules will be in effect for Elite men and women, U23 men and women, and Junior 17-18 men. " they will be on my pit bike for the masters race there too.

·
Registered
270 Posts
yeah, i have a IF with drop bars and never really rode the ritchey much but i raced it one race and switched to it another and i am now feeling that a flat bar cross bike is the way to go. there is a reason the uci had to ban them after frishey's second and martinez's u23 win on them at the worlds....

·
Registered
56 Posts
joness said:
I had a similar question about running my Nitto Moustache bars at USGP in the Masters 1-3 race so I emailed the official listed on the USGP site.

First recieved this:

-----------

Then this:

So I'm bringing the moustache bars.

And after looking at the nationals rules, where it says "UCI rules will be in effect for Elite men and women, U23 men and women, and Junior 17-18 men. " they will be on my pit bike for the masters race there too.
Thanks for posting this Tim. Wife may not be happy that I'm commandeering her bike! See you there.

Martin

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.